Animal Resource Center
ARC Assistant is a secure and comprehensive Animal Facility Management software that makes it easy to ensure animal research facilities are clean, safe, compliant, and much more. ARC assists you in managing all aspects of your animal facility, including keeping the integrity of your data by eliminating manual record keeping and delivering time-stamped data as well as securely storing facility information in a web-based environment.
ARC includes finance, facility, veterinary, breeding, order/transfer, and compliance management.
- Manage ordering and billing per diem, per cage, per animal, etc.
- Schedule transactions
- Keep financial logs and audit logs; invoicing, follows the life of the order/ billing cycle.
- Access resource center services
- Create and maintain individual animal records
- Track cages with issue print, reprint cage cards/barcode records
- Manage electronic census records
- Manage tracking at facility, building, and room level
- Log animal care, treatment plans, and health records
- Manage study-related data
- Track mating and weaning windows and dates
- Log and access genotyping data
- Complete animal order forms electronically
- Track internal/external animal transfers by cage, protocol, or facility
- Apply full electronic reporting capabilities regarding animal involvement in studies and devices utilized
- Enhance transparency of communication from project initiation to completion
- Create templates with bar codes and fields for merging information
The system is built on best practice form sets that have been developed in collaboration with animal facilities at large and small institutions. These forms can be used out of the box to save configuration time; or they can be tailored to institutional requirements. The System Form Designer allows for smart form development that include functions for show/hide of sections and questions, questions validations, branching logic to skip sections and questions that are not applicable, Online Help Text, and PDF print friendly to merge web forms direct to PDF. These functions streamline the process to aid the research team in filling out forms for submission creating quality submissions for review.
The system, in conjunction with the Forms designer, has a one-of-a-kind tool for creating workflows. The Workflow Designer tool allows for customizing the routing processes that are specific to your institution requirements. Workflow functions include the ability to use answers from questions on the forms to route the submission down directed paths for review. The ARC module can be used as a standalone module or integrated into the IACUC module.
Utilize animal facility software to work in conjunction with IACUC to manage and maintain animal ordering, processing, breeding, per diem, and cage censuses
Create templates with bar codes and fields for merging information
Comply with mandated animal research regulations with full electronic reporting regarding animal involvement in studies and devices utilized
Experience unsurpassed data integrity by eliminating manual record keeping, delivering time-stamped data, and securely storing facility information
Manage all aspects of your animal facility with animal facility software, including finances, cage tracking, veterinary management, breeding-husbandry, and orders and transfers
Enhance communication from project initiation to completion with web-based software